The mission of the City of Quitman Accounts Payable is to maintain property and accounting records of the city while ensuring that all transactions are properly classified and recorded, ensure all expenditures are budgeted and do not exceed budgeted amounts, reconcile bank checking accounts, maintain records of city investments of surplus funds, verify and pay all claims of creditors in a timely manner, coordinates the annual independent audit of the City, and under the direction of the city manager, prepare an annual budget for all city funds.
The City of Quitman expects a high standard of ethics in conducting its business and reserves the right to reject any supplier whose performance breaches these standards.
The Accounts Payable is responsible for all financial functions of the City, including:
- Receipt and recording of various revenues
- Accounts payable - vendor payments
- Budget preparation and implementation
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial reporting internally and externally
- Long-term financial planning
- Occupational Taxes/Business Licensing